Who we are
Antiques Restoration Centre evolved in the early 1980s from Clive Rutty Restorations, which had been operated by Clive since the early 1960s. In 1988, Pieter Ravensberg began working at the Antiques Restoration Centre. Pieter arrived in Western Australia having completed his apprenticeship in traditional cabinet making in Holland, guided by one of Holland’s foremost restorers.
Pieter and his experienced staff take pride in their attention to detail and ensure that all completed work meets the standards, that we have built our reputation on.
Owner-operator, experienced restorer
Over the last twenty years, ARC has responded to increasing interest for resized antique beds to fit modern mattresses. We also maintain a stock of antique beds suitable for refurbishment to meet client requirements.
While we have expanded the services we offer in recent years, providing customer satisfaction through our exceptional furniture restoration workmanship remains the heart of Antiques Restoration Centre.
Restoring Wooden Furniture
- Cabinet making – including reconstruction of damaged sections
- Veneer repairs – blisters, splits and shrinkage
- Removing ring marks from surfaces
- Repairing carved mouldings
- Re-Canning (pre woven only)
- Upholstery frame repairs
- French Polish
- Antique and modern lacquer finishes
- Oiled finishes
- Wax finishes
- Gilt finishes
- Paint Finishes
Other Services Offered
- Iron & brass bed re-sizing
- Reproductions to match the items you already have